Ghost Trap DS/DS-HP (for UHPLC)
Mobile phase cleaner for HPLC
The Ghost Trap DS* was co-developed with Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd. It has been designed to effectively adsorb impurities in the mobile phase in order to reduce the time required for method development and impurity analysis.
The 100 MPa pressure resistance of the Ghost Trap DS-HP allows it to be used with UHPLC systems. This permits the effective use of the Ghost Trap DS for method development by UHPLC and subsequent transfer to conventional analysis.
* DS: Abbreviation of Daiichi Sankyo (D) and Shimadzu (S)
Consistently traps impurities, even in organic solvents
|Mobile phase||A: 25 mmol/L Phosphate (Potassium) buffer solution pH 4.0 /Acetonitrile =9/1
B: Water/Acetonitrile = 1/9
|Flow rate||0.65 mL/min|
|Detection||UV 210 nm|
Application to Quantitative Analysis of Impurities Using the Nexera UHPLC
|Mobile phase A||5 mmol/L phosphoric acid (sodium) buffer solution (pH 2.6)|
|Mobile phase B||5 mmol/L phosphoric acid (sodium) buffer solution (pH 2.6) / Acetonitrile = 1/3|
|Gradient||0.1 %（0 min）→ 20 %（10 min）→ 60 %（15 min）→ 95 %（20 min）|
|Flow rate||0.5 mL/min|
|Injection volume||2 μL|
|Column||Shim-pack XR-ODSⅢ 75 mmL. × 2.0 mmI.D., 1.6 μm|
Two Ghost Trap DS models are now available: the cartridge type for superior cost performance and the 100 MPa high-pressure type for use with UHPLC systems. Select the appropriate one for your application.
|Item||P/N||Description||Internal volume *1||Dimensions||Pressure|
|Ghost Trap DS||228-59921-91||Two cartridges||30 mmL. × 7.6 mmI.D.||Approx. 700 μL||35 MPa|
and one holder
|228-59921-93||Two cartridges||20 mmL. × 4.0 mmI.D.||Approx. 150 μL|
and one holder
|Ghost Trap DS-HP||228-59931-91||Packed type||30 mmL. × 2.1 mmI.D.||Approx. 60 μL||100 MPa|
* The product service life differs according to analysis conditions, such as the mobile phase used.
* In analysis using an ion-pairing reagent, the ion-pairing reagent may be retained in the product, influencing the retention time and peak shape.
* Before connecting the analytical column, be sure to thoroughly clean the flow path with mobile phase (close to the final concentration for gradient analysis).
* Note that some impurities may not be removed.
* When performing high-pressure analysis exceeding 35 MPa with a UHPLC system, connect the gradient mixer to the Ghost Trap DS-HP with pipe for UHPLC (e.g.228-53137-97).
This page may contain references to products that are not available in your country.
Please contact us to check the availability of these products in your country.