Shimadzu, one of the world leaders in analytical instrumentation, celebrates the 60th anniversary of its IR-portfolio.
Since the middle of the 20th century, spectroscopy has been at the core of Shimadzu’s analytical business unit and a main driving force in the company’s growth and reputation.
Know-how, technological skills and innovative power have brought Shimadzu to a leading position in spectroscopy.
- 1965: IR-27G
- First dispersive table top instrument
- 1981: IR-435
- First instrument with data processor
- 1984: FTIR-4000
- First Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer
- 1990: FTIR-8100
- First FTIR with dynamic alignment standard
- 2002: IRPrestige-21
- First FTIR with mid-near-far infrared measurement range
- 2008: IRAffinity-1
- New benchmark for entry level instruments
- 2013: IRTracer-100
- First FTIR with rapid scan function and LabSolution SW platform
- 2016: AIM-9000
- NEW Contaminant Analysis Program