The HPV-2 permits recording of ultra-high-speed phenomena not previously possible in a wide variety of fields that require high-speed image capture, such as materials failure, fluid dynamics, combustion, and sports science.
1. Ultra-high-speed recording of up to one million frames per second.
*1 The IS-CCD is Shimadzu's unique CCD with image storage incorporated into the sensor chip to permit high-speed image recording.
* Patent US 6972795, US 7176972, EP/NL/GB/FR 1278246, DE 60104000.7
This product's IS-CCD image sensor was jointly developed in collaboration with Kinki University's Professor Takeharu Etoh.
2. Ultra-high-speed and high spatial resolution
3. HPV-2 can capture a wide range of high-speed phenomena with the high sensitivity CCD.
4. Easy-to-use, multifunction software
|Recording method||IS-CCD image sensor|
|Resolution||312 (horizontal) x 260 (vertical) pixels|
|Frame storage||100 frames|
|Lens mount||Nikon F mount|
|Color, Gradations||Monochrome, 10 bits1)|
|Recording speed||30 fps to 1,000,000 fps|
|Exposure time||1/2,1/4,1/8, or OFF(3/4) of recording intervals (1/2, 1/4, and OFF only for exposure times of 1µs)2)|
|External trigger input||TTL (positive/negative), switch closure|
|Trigger mode||Set trigger point at any desired frame|
|Recording format||10-bit dedicated format, BMP, AVI, JPEG, TIFF (16-bit format supported)|
|Synchronous Recording||Synchronous recording with up to 4 units|
|1) 10 bit is used to identify the data format, however data precision is not guaranteed.
2) These exposure times are rough indications and are not guaranteed as exact exposure ratios for all photographic speeds.