Q.Please tell me the points to be careful of when installing a balance.
A : The following are basic precautions to follow for the installation site and installation method.
- Do not install balances in locations subject to direct sunlight.
- Install in a room with little change in temperature. (Pay attention to sudden change in room temperature after air conditioning is turned ON or OFF.)
- Do not allow the blast from air conditioning to directly strike the balance.
- Do not allow airflow in rooms to fluctuate greatly due to opening/closing of doors.
- The balance must be leveled correctly.
- Use a rigid desk (preferably, one with a vibration isolation platform).
- Install in locations subject to little vibration.
- Allow balances to sufficiently stabilize after turning the power ON (inserting the plug into the power outlet) before using them.
Analytical balances (AW/AX/AY Series, etc.): 4 hours or more Top-loading electronic balances (UX/UW Series, BL Series, etc.): 1 hour or more Electronic balances (EL Series, LDS Series, etc.): 30 minutes or more
Precautions regarding installation sites and installation methods can be downloaded: →Click here(PDF 135KB)
Also, special attention is required to obtain stable measured results when using semi-micro balances, such as the AUW-D Series with 0.01 mg range. →Download precautions(PDF 579KB)
In addition, sample-related issues include:
- Magnetized samples, samples charged with static electricity
- Absorption of moisture or evaporation of volatile component, etc. during sample measurement
Refer to the precautions listed in the Q&A item below.