Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer
Designed without cables or tubes, removing the new ionization unit is simple: release a one-touch lever to open the unit and lift it out. In addition, no tools are needed to detach the needles fitted in APCI and DUIS units, allowing for easy maintenance.
Enhanced performance for the LCMS-8050
The world’s greatest sensitivity and ultra-fast technologies found in the LCMS-8060 are now available for the 8050.
The LCMS-8050 Upgrade Kit includes three key components. Upon installation, the LCMS-8050 will deliver LCMS-8060 performance.
- Improved ion sampling efficiency DL (Desolvation Line)
- Improved ion guide with enhanced focusing capabilities UF-Qarray Enhanced vacuum efficiency
- Improved the CID efficiency Rotary pump
Development of UF-Qarray Ion Guide using Shimadzu’s Simulation Technologies
The new UF-Qarray was designed to maximize sensitivity without compromising robustness or changing the minimal noise performance established in our previously patented Qarray. To optimize the design of the UF-Qarray, a number of simulation studies were carefully conducted using two platforms to model ion behavior under increased gas flow in the low vacuum region. FLUENT software was used to determine which pole shape would maximize ion focusing under gas flows generated by the enhanced pumping configuration (Fig. 1). The second technology, newly developed Optdesign modelling software, was used to analyze the complex behavior of ion trajectories when voltages are applied to the expanded ion cloud (Fig. 2). Using FLUENT and Optdesign simulation models, several prototypes were developed for testing, which led to the UF-Qarray pole geometry final design. This design ejects neutral gas particles in order to reduce noise while achieving greater ion focusing than the previous Qarray design.
Fig. 1 Gas Flow Simulation Results Using FLUENT
Fig. 2 Ion Trajectory Simulation Results Using Optdesign
Groundbreaking Technology for High Sensitivity
With the newly designed UF-Qarray, improved ion focusing efficiency results in greater signal intensity and a reduction in noise. By improving the ion sampling device (desolvation line) and the ion guide (UF-Qarray), and enhancing the vacuum efficiency, the LCMS-8060 defines sensitivity. These new technologies allow for improvements in sensitivity and robustness in all acquisition modes.
- LC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicology Database
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Cell Culture Profiling Ver.2
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for D/L Amino Acids
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Lipid Mediators Ver. 3
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Mycotoxins
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Primary Metabolites Ver. 2
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Residual Pesticide Ver. 3
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Restricted Chemicals in Textiles
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Short Chain Fatty Acids
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Veterinary Drugs Ver. 2
- LC/MS/MS Method Package for Water Quality Analysis
- LC/MS/MS MRM Library for Metabolic Enzymes in Yeast
- LC/MS/MS MRM Library for Phospholipid Profiling
- LC/MS/MS Rapid Toxicology Screening System Ver.3
- Multi-omics Analysis Package