Trap-Free 2D LC/MS Impurity Identification System
Enhancing the Efficiency of Identifying Impurities
When impurities are detected by UV under non-volatile mobile phase conditions, does one need to adapt the method to use volatile mobile phase additives for LCMS confirmation?
With the use of a 2DLC-LCMS system, no additional method development is required because mobile phases can be changed online.
- Online switching between a non-volatile mobile phase and a volatile mobile phase
- Convenient support tool coordinated within LCMSsolution
- Only the impurities of interest are introduced to the MS system, so there are no concerns about peak misalignment.
Creating a Time Program and Batch Schedule using the Support Tool
The optimal valve sequence can be constructed by entering the retention times for impurity peaks observed in the first-dimension UV chromatogram, and then a batch schedule can be created to acquire data on multiple impurities and their respective blanks.
Using the Data Browser Makes Identification of Impurities Easy
Using the data browser function provided with LCMSsolution makes it easy to compare the details and differences between sample data and blank data, enhancing the efficiency of the impurity identification process.
Remarks and Precautions
- The Trap-Free 2D LC/MS Impurity Identification System is a Prominence-based application system for the LCMS-IT-TOF and is configured with LC units, LCMS-IT-TOF, and "2DLC+LCMS System Start Kit."
- This kit includes 2DLC+LCMS software and a set of necessary piping parts. (The software is not equipped with any data processing functions. To process data, a PC with LCMSsolution Ver. 3.70 or later and a license are necessary.)