SALD-HC Series High-Concentration Sample Measurement System for Shimadzu SALD Series
This system is capable of measuring the particle distribution of high-concentration samples that cannot be measured using previous methods.
Measurement is possible with very small amounts of samples without the need for calibration.
Measurement of High Concentrations Achieved Using Laser Diffraction/Scattering
- This system can measure the particle size distribution of high-concentration samples that up till now could not be measured using previous laser diffraction/scattering methods.
- You can expect more accurate measurement of even samples, whose particle distribution changes by dilution, since the sample can be measured in its original state or with only the minimum required level of dilution.
- Commercially-available hand creams, face creams and hair conditioners can be measured with hardly any pretreatment.
No Complex Parameter Settings Required
- Unlike methods that use ultrasonic waves, this method does not require calibration.
- Complex parameters related to the properties of the measurement target need not be set.
- The refractive index is the only item that needs setting.
Measurement Possible with Very Small Amounts of Sample
- Measurement is possible with very small amounts of sample.
- Valuable samples can be measured with very little wastage.
- Example of Measurement Data
- There are greater restrictions on the measurement range for a high-concentration sample measurement system than there are for standard wet measurement (when using a flow cell or batch cell). Basically, the range is narrower.
- As a rough guide, measurement is possible for concentrations of up to approx. 20 wt%. Depending on the sample substance, particle size and particle size distribution, however, there are cases where measurement is difficult at concentrations of approx. 10 wt%.
- Samples with wide distribution widths are more likely to be affected by multiple scattering than samples with narrow distribution widths, and it may not be possible to obtain accurate measurements in some cases.
* Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.