SALD-DS5 - Features
Cyclone Injection Type Dry Measurement Unit for SALD Series
- SALD-DS5 can be used with the SALD-2201 and SALD-3101.
- The combination can be selected from 3 types of sample suction mechanisms (cyclone type, one shot type and hand shot type) and 3 types of injection nozzles, considering the property and amount of sample particles.
- When the cyclone type is used, sample is sucked from the vial, which is rotated and moved upward, injected from the injection nozzle, and measured. The double dispersion process of suction and injection enables measurement with good reproducibility whenever samples contain many agglomerates. Use of the vial can prevent the scattering of sample and dirt from the operator’s hands.
- When the one shot type is used, putting the sample into a small hopper is the only operation required for measuring. This type is suitable for a small sample amount.
- When the hand shot type is used, sample can be sucked from the beaker or chartula directly to measure it.
System Configuration for the SALD-DS5 Cyclone Injection Type Dry Measurement Unit
|Sample supply/injection/collection||Negative pressure is generated on the left side of the ejector by the high-speed flow of compressed air supplied from the compressor. This negative pressure is used to suck in the sample (particle group) supplied from the sample suction mechanism, and inject it into the vapor phase from the injection nozzle connected to the right side of the ejector. The injected sample (particle group) is sucked in from the piping on the opposite side of the injection nozzle and collected by the dust collector.|
|Safety interlocks||If the injection continues while the dust collector is not running, large amounts of sample will be dispersed inside the measuring unit and fatally damage the lens and sensor. To avoid this problem, a pressure sensor is installed on the piping connected to the dust connector. This sensor closes the air valve between the compressor and ejector while the dust collector is not running to stop sample suction and injection. In other words, the sample is injected into the measuring unit only while the dust collector is running.|
|Static electricity measures||Conductive tubing is used for connection between the sample suction mechanism and the ejector. This suppresses the generation of static electricity, preventing trouble on the electrical system and aggregation of the sample.|
|Light intensity detection||When the sample passes through the laser beam while laser light is being irradiated, diffracted and scattered light will be emitted from each individual particle. The Wing sensor detects these overlapping light particles.|
|When the light intensity detected by the Wing sensor exceeds a fixed level, it is recognized that passage of particles through the laser beam has begun. Fromthat point onward, the sensor saves the light intensity distribution data of the diffracted and scattered light for a fixed period of time. The resulting data is then used to calculate the particle size distribution.|
|Caution:Do not perform dry measurement using a dry measurement unit on powder materials that are ignitable, flammable or toxic and that may cause a potential hazard when sucked into the dust collector.|
3 types of injection nozzles can be selected
- When compressed air, including the sample, flows through the injection nozzle, the shape, area, and direction of the cross section is changed to obtain the large changes in volume, pressure and direction of air flow. Therefore, agglomerates can be strongly dispersed into air.
- An injection nozzle to obtain optimum dispersion can be selected from the 3 types of injection nozzles, depending on the sample property.
- Magnetized particles, which are easy to cohere in liquid, can be strongly dispersed into air using the type-1 injection nozzle. Therefore, accurate measurement results can be obtained.
（In wet measurement, good results may not be achieved because the magnetic particles are prone to agglomeration in liquids.）
- When the cyclone type is used, the double dispersion process of suction and injection enables measurement with good reproducibility.
* Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Download the latest brochure.