Hydraulic Flat Grips
- Specially designed for tensile testing metal foils, up to 4.5 mm (0.18 in) in thickness
- Rigid grip design reduces rotation of the grip faces during testing
- Pneumatic action for quick specimen clamping with a repeatable clamping force
- Grip operator options include: a foot valve unit, an F-type crosshead-linked foot switch, and a hand-operated switching unit
These 1 kN pneumatic flat grips are designed for tensile testing metal foils. Unique grip features include a very rigid structure, which reduces swivel of the grip faces during testing, and specially shaped flat grip faces. As with all pneumatic grips, these grips allow quick specimen clamping with a repeatable clamping force.
Grip sets include upper and lower grips with flat grip faces. Due to the targeted application for these grips, they accept specimens with narrow thickness, up to 4.5 mm (0.18 in). An air supply is required to operate the grips, which enables the grips to operate with an adjustable air pressure between 0.2 MPa (2 kgf/cm2, 29 psi) and 0.7 MPa (7 kgf/cm2, 102 psi).
Options for controlling the grip's pneumatic clamping mechanism are: a foot valve unit, an F-type crosshead-linked foot switch, and a hand-operated switching unit. The most common grip operator is the foot valve unit, which is compatible with all AG-X plus series and AGS-X series universal testers. For the other grip operators, grip kits, which include upper and lower grips, grip faces, and a grip controller tailored to a specific AG-X plus or AGS-X main unit, are available.
Please contact your local Shimadzu representative for further information about the F-type crosshead-linked foot switch and the hand-operated switching unit as grip operation options.
Additional items needed for operation:
- A 0.7 MPa (7 kgf/cm2, 102 psi) air compressor