Pneumatic Non-Shift Wedge Grips
- Applicable for testing a wide variety of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites
- Pneumatic action applies a constant clamping force to minimize specimen slippage
- Grips with maximum capacity up to 300 kN (66,000 lbf)
- One-touch chucking by use of a foot valve unit
- Compatible with a comprehensive selection of grip faces for testing rods, wires, materials with high hardness, and composite materials
Plastics, Metals, Composites
Plates, Rods, Wires
Pneumatic non-shift wedge grips have an open-front design and use one-touch chucking by foot operation to provide simple specimen mounting. These grips are suitable for tensile testing materials such as plastics and metals.
Grip sets include upper and lower pneumatic non-shift wedge grips and file-teeth grip faces for gripping flat plate specimens. To operate the grips, a foot valve unit is required, and to connect the foot valve unit with an air compressor, a rubber hose is needed. Both are available as accessories.
Pneumatic non-shift wedge grips are operable at air pressures between 0.4 MPa (4 kgf/cm2, 58 psi) and 0.6 MPa (6 kgf/cm2, 87 psi). Additional grip faces for testing rods, wires, high hardness materials, and composite materials can be found in the document on Grip Faces for Manual and Pneumatic Non-shift Wedge Grips.
In certain regions, pneumatic non-shift wedge grip kits, which include upper and lower grips, file-teeth grip faces, a foot valve unit, and a rubber connecting hose, are available. In addition, an air compressor might be available as an accessory. Please contact your local Shimadzu representative for availability.
Additional items needed for operation:
- Foot valve unit
- Rubber connecting hose
- 0.5 MPa (5 kgf/cm2, 73 psi) to 0.99 MPa (10 kgf/cm2, 144 psi) air compressor
Download the latest brochure.