Manual Non-Shift Wedge Grips
- Applicable for testing a wide variety of materials, including metals, plastics, lumber, and composites
- Self-tightening action minimizes specimen slippage
- Standard grips with maximum capacity up to 300 kN (66,000 lbf)
- Additional wide grip face (50 mm, 2.0 in) grips available
- Grips operated manually by the use of a handle
- Compatible with a comprehensive selection of grip faces for testing rods, wires, materials with high hardness, and composite materials
Plastics, Metals, Lumber, Composites
Plates, Rods, Wires
Manual non-shift wedge grips are versatile grips for tensile testing a wide variety of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites. The open-front design allows easy insertion of specimens and exchange of grip faces. The self-tightening action means samples are held firmly within the grip faces, minimizing slippage during testing.
Each manual non-shift wedge grip set includes upper and lower grips and file-teeth grip faces for flat plate specimens. Standard grip sets are available with maximum capacity between 5 kN (1,100 lbf) and 300 kN (66,000 lbf). In addition, grip sets are available with wide 50 mm (2.0 in) file-teeth grip faces for grips with maximum capacity between 5 kN and 100 kN (22,000 lbf). Grip sets of 250 kN (55,000 lbf) and 300 kN are supplied with 50 mm file-teeth grip faces as standard.
A comprehensive selection of additional grip faces can be found in the document on Grip Faces for Manual and Pneumatic Non-Shift Wedge Grips. Options include grip faces especially designed for rods, wires, materials with high hardness, and composite materials.
|Manual Non-Shift Wedge Grips (1,614KB)|