Updated April 14, 2020 Kyoto
First of all, Shimadzu Corporation would like to express our greatest sympathies to those affected by the new coronavirus pandemic. We would also like to offer our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those who lost their lives from the disease.
In order to prevent further spread of the new coronavirus, we intend to implement measures in accordance with government instructions for the safety of our customers, the local community, business partners, employees, and others. At the same time, as a company with the corporate philosophy of contributing to society through science and technology, we intend to develop products and technologies that can contribute to ameliorating the situation. We will make every effort to combat this crisis, applying the full capabilities of the Shimadzu Group.
Our current measures and impact onto our facility are as follows.
Shimadzu Group’s Measures to Prevent the Spread of Infections
- Domestic and overseas business trips and work at other locations are generally prohibited.
- Employees are encouraged to work from home or stagger their work schedules as much as possible.
- Meetings that involve crowded gatherings, confined spaces, or close contact are generally prohibited or substituted with video conferencing.
- Meetings, training sessions, seminars, and other direct interactions with customers or business partners are generally prohibited or substituted with video conferencing.
- Employees are urged to wash hands, gargle, disinfect with alcohol, wear masks, and monitor their physical condition.
- Employees are instructed to stay home and rest if they experience a fever or other symptoms.
- Employees are asked to voluntarily refrain from personal travel overseas or within Japan.
- The health of directors, employees, and their family members is being monitored.
Shimadzu Technologies, Products, and Measures Related to the New Coronavirus
Operations at Shimadzu Facilities
|April 13, 2020||Shimadzu Foundation Memorial Hall is Temporarily Closed|