Article 1 (Application)
These Terms shall apply to any relationship regarding use of the Service between Users and the Company.
Article 2 (Registration of Use)
2.1. Registration of use shall be completed when applicants for registration apply for registration of use by the method prescribed by the Company and when the Company accepts such application.
2.3. In the event that the Company determines that applicants for registration of use fall under any of the following categories, the Company may not accept application for registration of use. In such case, the Company shall not be obliged to disclose reasons thereof.
- if applicants make a false entry in applying for registration of use;
- if application is made by those who have previously breached these Terms; or
- if the Company determines that registration of use is not appropriate due to any other reasons.
Article 3 (Management of User ID and Password)
3.1. Users shall manage their user ID and password of the Service as registered through “Shimadzu ID Service” (https://id.shimadzu.com/) registration page on their own responsibility.
3.2. Users shall not be entitled to transfer or lend their user ID and password to a third party in any case. In the event that anyone who logs in to the Service with a combination of user ID and password conforming to registration information thereof, the Company shall regard such situation as use by the said User himself/herself who has already registered his/her user ID.
Article 4 (Prohibited Matters)
Users shall not conduct any of the following acts in using the Service.
- Acts against laws and regulations or against public order and morals;
- Acts connected with criminal behavior;
- Acts which destroy or obstruct the functions of the Company’s server or network;
- Acts which are likely to hinder the operation of the Service of the Company;
- Acts which collect or accumulate personal information regarding other Users;
- Act of impersonating any other User;
- Acts which grant benefits directly or indirectly to antisocial forces, in relation to the Service of the Company;
- Act of reproducing the license or activate key to be provided by the Service, and act of transferring such license or activate key to others; or
- Any other acts which the Company deems as improper.
Article 5 (Cessation of Providing the Service)
5.1. In the event that the Company determines that there is any of the following reasons, the Company may cease or suspend provision of the Service, in whole or in part, without prior notice to Users.
- when the Company conducts maintenance checkup of or makes updates to the computer system related to the Service;
- if it becomes impossible for the Company to provide the Service due to force majeure such as earthquakes, lightning strikes, fires, blackout or natural disasters.
- if the computer or communication line is suspended due to an accident; or
- if the Company determines that it is impossible to provide the Service due to any other reasons.
5.2. The Company shall not be responsible, for any reason whatsoever, for any detriment or damage incurred by Users or any third party because of cessation or suspension of providing the Service.
Article 6 (Restriction on Use and Deregistration)
6.1. In any of the following cases, without prior notice, the Company may restrict Users’ use of the Service, in whole or in part, or the Company may deregister those Users.
- if Users breach any of the provisions of these Terms;
- if it turns out that registration matters are not compatible with the fact; or
- if the Company determines that it is not appropriate to provide the Service to the said person as User of the Company.
6.2 The Company shall not be responsible for explaining the reason for any restriction on use of User or Deregistration of User made by the Company in accordance with the conditions as stipulated in Section 6.1
6.3. The Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused to Users by any acts conducted by the Company in accordance with this Article 6 hereof.
Article 7 (Disclaimer)
7.1. The company shall be relieved of its responsibility for failure to perform its obligations, by any reasons other than intentional act or gross negligence.
7.2. Even when the Company accepts liability for any reason, the Company shall only accept liability for damages within the limits of damages which will occur normally.
7.3. The company shall not accept any liability for transactions, communication or disputes arising between one User and the other Users or between the said User and third parties regarding the Service.
7.4 The copyright of the works provided on the Site belongs to the Company or the copyright holder of such works. The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantages or damages incurred by Users if they use these copyrighted works without the permission of the copyright holders, and members shall be responsible for any disadvantages or damages incurred by the Company or the copyright holders.
7.5 The Company does not guarantee the safety, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, or usefulness of the information provided by the Service.
7.6 The Company does not guarantee the functionality or safety of the Service (e.g., no functional interruptions or errors) at any time, and may suspend or discontinue operation of the Service without notice. The Company and its affiliates shall not be liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with any error, alteration, or deletion of the content of the Service, or the occurrence of any problem of the Service, or the suspension or discontinuation of the operation of the Service for any reason whatsoever.
Article 8 (Personal Data)
8.2 The Company will use User Information only for the following purposes
- To provide the Services including the update of web contents and e-mail distribution based on analysis of Personal Data and User behaviors
- To support inquiries from Users
- To request users to provide opinions and feedback on the products and services of the Company and its group companies
8.3 If there is a change in the registered information of the User, such as the place of employment, the Company ask that the User change the registered information through the web site of the Service. If there is any false information in the registration, the Company may suspend the User’s use of the Service.
Article 9 (Change of the Service Contents)
The Company may change the contents of the Service or may cease to provide the Service, and the Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused to Users thereby. In the event that the contents of these Terms need to be modified due to the aforesaid change, or the Service shall be ceased by the Company, the Company shall provide notice to Users. Users are required to use the Service in accordance with the updated these Terms in the case the notice contains the change of these Terms.
The Company may change these Terms, including but not limited to the case as stipulated in the preceding article, at any time without giving notice to Users, whenever the Company determines that it is necessary to do so. Users are required to use the Service in accordance with the updated these Terms.
Article 11 Authentication Information
11.1 The Service uses each User’s cookies for authentication; cookies and log files may be used to collect site browsing history and other information.
11.1 The Service uses SSL encryption on the web server for the purpose of preventing information tampering and eavesdropping.
Article 12 Mail Distribution
12.1 The Service sends various information to members by e-mail. If a User fails to change e-mail address, or if an e-mail is not delivered to the User due to a problem with the server of the provider used by the User, the Company assumes no responsibility for the non-delivery of such e-mails.
12.2 If non-delivery of e-mail to a member's registered e-mail address (due to discontinuation or change of e-mail address, mailbox overflow, etc.) exceeds a certain number of times, the Company may, at its discretion, suspend e-mail delivery.
Article 13. Contact Information
Shimadzu Corporation, Medical Systems Division, Global Marketing Dept.
1, Nishinokyo Kuwabara-Cho,
Nakagyo-Ku, Kyoto 604-8511, Japan
Article 14 (Notice or Communication)
Notice or communication between Users and the Company shall be given or performed by the method prescribed by the Company.
Article 15 (Prohibition on Transferring Rights and Obligations)
Without prior written approval of the Company, Users shall not transfer their position under agreement on use of the Service or their rights and obligations based on these Terms to third parties, or shall not offer such position, rights and obligations as collateral to third parties.
Article 16 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
16.2. Any dispute which may arise in connection with the Service shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction by consent of a court having jurisdiction over the location of the head office of the Company.