Recommended Emergency Measures
If hydrogen gas has accumulated or if there is a power outage, follow the procedure below to stop the supply of hydrogen gas and eliminate hydrogen gas from the room.
- Immediately stop the supply of hydrogen gas.
- Switch OFF power to the gas chromatograph.
- Open the windows and doors of the room where the instrument is installed to thoroughly ventilate the room.
- Confirm that there is no ignition source in the room that could ignite the hydrogen gas.
- Wait until the temperature of all gas chromatograph components has fallen to the ambient temperature (approximately 1 hour).
- Open the door of the gas chromatograph.
- Wait until all hydrogen gas is completely expelled from the instrument/column (approximately 30 minutes).
- After confirming the items in "Precautions During Installation" and "Precautions When Operating the Instrument," use the standard startup procedure to start the gas chromatograph.