Highly-Smoothed Surface, High Reflectance, High Quality
- Shimadzu toroidal mirrors are manufactured by polishing optical glass with highly-smoothed surface.
- Standard coating of Aluminum brings high reflectance in ultraviolet region.
- The newly developed production method secures continuous delivery of stable quality products.
- Non-Use of Specific Chemical Substances*1
Toroidal mirrors are:
Toroidal mirrors are aspherical mirrors where each curvature of orthogonal two axes (horizontal and vertical one) are different. Barrel or Tire shaped with a rotation axis are available.
Difference to spherical mirrors
When a spherical mirror focuses a light from a point source, there appears astigmatism. Toroidal mirrors, however, minimize such astigmatism and make it possible to focus on a small spot. The toroidals are ideal for focusing and/or aberration correction devices for spectroscopes.
Product List(Table of Code Number)
|Incident distance/ Exit distance＊4
|External dimensional tolerance (mm)||±0.2 (W) x ±0.2 (H)|
|Effective area||Total area less a 2mm strip around the perimeter|
|Scratches and digs||60-40(MIL-O-13830A)|
- Toroidal mirrors other than standard products are available
- Specifications are subject to change without notice for improvement.
- OEM prices are also available. Please contact Shimadzu for details.
Example of applications
1. Focusing onto an optical fiber
Because of no lens, the toroidal mirrors can focus light of any wavelength without chromatic aberration.
2. The optical system with 90 ° deflection angle
Simple optical layout can be designed and therefore easy optical axis adjustment is possible.
3. Compact design
Space-saving design is feasible by minimizing interference from key components.
This page may contain references to products that are not available in your country. Please contact us to check the availability of these products in your country.