FTIR Analysis Q&A
- Q: Is FTIR affected by the environment?
- Q: How deep does the infrared light penetrate at the position of contact between the prism and sample during ATR measurements?
- Q: What sort of sample concentration should I use for measurements by the KBr pellet method or diffuse reflection method?
- Q: I can see noise near 4000 to 3400 cm-1 and 2000 to 1300 cm-1 in the spectrum. How can I get rid of it?
- Q: Can you tell me why the spectrum baseline is curved?
- Q: MCT detectors used in infrared microscopes have different wavenumber ranges. On what basis should I select my detector?
- Q: MCT detectors are said to be high-sensitivity detectors. In what circumstances are they needed?
- Q: What is the maximum size that can be measured with an infrared microscope?
- Q: I get extremely high noise with microscope transmission measurements. What is it caused by?