Metabolomics refers to an array of techniques used to comprehensively detect and analyze various metabolites formed in vivo during biological activity. Metabolites represent the most downstream result of the gene expression information process, and compared to genes and proteins, they directly reflect the constantly changing phenomena of life due to their proximity to the biological phenotype. Therefore, metabolomics applications have spread throughout a wide range of fields.
- Elucidation of physiological and pathological mechanisms
- Disease biomarker discovery
- Drug discovery support and toxicity evaluation
- Elucidation of stress response
- Food function analysis
- Finger print analysis for food
The list of the articles written about Shimadzu products