Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
The EDX-7200 is a flagship model of the EDX series in pursuit of high sensitivity, high speed and high precision. This model supports new regulations and directives for consumer and environmental compliance, such as RoHS/ELV, REACH, and TSCA with full exclusive screening analysis kits.
Supports Various Applications in Many Fields
- RoHS and halogen screening
- Thin-film analysis for semiconductors, discs, liquid crystals, and solar cells
■Automobiles and machinery
- ELV hazardous element screening
- Composition analysis, plating thickness measurement, and chemical conversion coating film weight measurement for machine parts
- Main component analysis and impurity analysis of raw materials, alloys, solder, and precious metals
- Composition analysis of slag
- Grade analysis for mineral processing
- Analysis of ceramics, cement, glass, bricks, and clay
■Oil and petrochemicals
- Analysis of sulfur in oil
- Analysis of additive elements and mixed elements in lubricating oil
- Analysis of products and organic/inorganic raw materials
- Analysis of catalysts, pigments, paints, rubber, and plastics
- Analysis of soil, effluent, combustion ash, filters, and fine particulate matter
- Analysis of residual catalyst during synthesis
- Analysis of impurities and foreign matter in active pharmaceutical ingredients
■Agriculture and foods
- Analysis of soil, fertilizer, and plants
- Analysis of raw ingredients, control of added elements, and analysis of foreign matter in foods
- Composition analysis of archeological samples and precious stones, analysis of toxic heavy metals in toys and everyday goods
Principle of Fluorescent X-ray Generation
When a sample is irradiated with X-rays from an X-ray tube, the atoms in the sample generate unique X-rays that are emitted from the sample. Such X-rays are known as "fluorescent X-rays" and they have a unique wavelength and energy that is characteristic of each element that generates them. Consequently, qualitative analysis can be performed by investigating the wavelengths of the X-rays. As the fluorescent X-ray intensity is a function of the concentration, quantitative analysis is also possible by measuring the amount of X-rays at the wavelength specific to each element.
The EDX-7200 is equipped with a high-resolution SDD detector to achieve a higher count rate and detection efficiency.
EDX-7200 offers superior energy resolution compared to previous models by incorporating a state-of-the-art SDD detector.
This reduces the effects of overlapping peaks of different elements, enhancing the reliability of the analysis results.
The EDX-7200 can accommodate samples up to a maximum size of W300 x D275 x approx. H100 mm.
News / Events
In order to reduce plastic waste, the development of eco-friendly alternative materials is being promoted. As an alternative, biomass plastics and biodegradable plastics are becoming more widely available. Biodegradable Plastics are plastics that are decomposed into low-molecular compounds by microorganisms in the environment. So they break down easily in nature, which is an opposite characteristic of petroleum-based plastics.
Various instruments are used for the appraisal of precious stones. These instruments are not limited to general gemstone appraisal tools such as the stereoscopic microscope, but also include various analytical instruments.
Shimadzu has released AA-7800 Series Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
The Shimadzu Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer AA -7800 Series is versatile enough for a variety of analytical applications (Any Application), safe and easy to use even for beginners (Any User), and offers continuous analysis using autosamplers and remote data analysis via network connections to increase the flexibility of the analysis operator's work style (Any Location).
Shimadzu has released the EDX-7200 Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometer
Shimadzu New Applications
Shimadzu New Applications
12 Responsible consumption and production
Eco Products Plus Certified products