LC/MS/MS Method Package for Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
For LabSolutions™ LCMS Software
- Complete method for fast quantitative screening of 13 aminoglycosides in meat, eggs and milk.
- Increase identification confidence with MRM Spectrum mode and LabSolutions Insight™ Screening.
- No ion-pairing reagent required.
- Includes single sample preparation protocol usable for meat, eggs and milk.
Complete Solution for Quantitation and Confirmation of Aminoglycosides in Meat, Eggs and Milk
Aminoglycosides are an antibiotic family widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections in cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry. Regulatory agencies have set maximum residue limits (MRL) for these compounds after veterinary use. Aminoglycosides are very polar compounds, and usually require the use of undesirable ion-pairing reagents with LC-MS/MS.
This Method Package is a complete solution for the simultaneous quantitative analysis of all regulated aminoglycosides by HILIC/MS/MS.
- A sample preparation protocol using mixed-mode weak cation exchange from Biotage. This protocol produces high recoveries and low matrix effects, and is adapted to meat, milk or egg samples.
- A primary method for fast (< 5 min) quantitative analysis by HILIC/MS/MS with two MRMs per compound.
- A second method for confirmation of identity. Using the same mobile phases and column, the gradient is modified and 15 optimized MRMs are acquired per compound. This enables library searching and accurate identification on Insight Screening using MRM Spectrum Mode (library provided).
- Gentamicin (as Gentamicin C1, C1a and C2/C2a)
- Hygromycin B
- Neomycin B
- Ribostamycin (internal standard)
Complete protocol includes step-by-step instructions for sample and calibration curve preparation.
Fast Quantitation and Easy Processing
Perform high-sensitivity analysis with excellent chromatography without resorting to ion-pairing reagents that foul the mass spectrometer.
LabSolutions Insight provides a fast and intuitive environment for data processing and review. User-configurable flags alert you what values are outside of QC limits, facilitating review by exception.
Increased Confidence in Identification using MRM Spectrum Mode
MRM Spectrum Mode acquires up to 15 MRMs per analyte, and each transition is optimized to a specific collision energy. Because MS duty cycle is not wasted on meaningless portions of the spectrum, information-rich spectra can be acquired in just milliseconds. The result is an unambiguous spectrum, even for trace-level components.
1. LabSolutions LCMS Ver.5.91 or later is required.
2. LabSolutions Insight Library Screening Ver. 3.1 or later is required.
|Applications||Date Creation Date|
News / Events
Shimadzu has released the Multi-omics Analysis Package
The Multi-omics Analysis Package is metabolic engineering software that can automatically generate metabolic maps and perform a variety of data analysis based on the vast amounts of mass spectrometry data generated in fields such as metabolomics, proteomics, and flux analysis
Shimadzu has released the LC/MS/MS MRM Library for Triglycerides.
This MRM library targets fatty acids with carbon chain lengths of C14 to C22 and 0 to 6 unsaturation sites to profile the triglycerides (TG) in plasma. The library provides 195 MRM transitions, which enable 47 different triglycerides to be monitored. The MRMs were evaluated in human plasma in order to provide researchers a tool for qualitative profiling of fatty acid composition.
Shimadzu has released the LC/MS/MS Rapid Toxicology Screening System Ver.3
Shimadzu has released the LC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicology Database
Shimadzu has released the DPiMS QT
Shimadzu has released the LC/MS/MS MRM Library for Phospholipid Profiling
2 Zero hunger
6 Clean water and sanitation