LC/MS/MS Method Package for Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
For LabSolutions™ LCMS Software
- Complete method for fast quantitative screening of 13 aminoglycosides in meat, eggs and milk.
- Increase identification confidence with MRM Spectrum mode and LabSolutions Insight™ Screening.
- No ion-pairing reagent required.
- Includes single sample preparation protocol usable for meat, eggs and milk.
Complete Solution for Quantitation and Confirmation of Aminoglycosides in Meat, Eggs and Milk
Aminoglycosides are an antibiotic family widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections in cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry. Regulatory agencies have set maximum residue limits (MRL) for these compounds after veterinary use. Aminoglycosides are very polar compounds, and usually require the use of undesirable ion-pairing reagents with LC-MS/MS.
This Method Package is a complete solution for the simultaneous quantitative analysis of all regulated aminoglycosides by HILIC/MS/MS.
- A sample preparation protocol using mixed-mode weak cation exchange from Biotage. This protocol produces high recoveries and low matrix effects, and is adapted to meat, milk or egg samples.
- A primary method for fast (< 5 min) quantitative analysis by HILIC/MS/MS with two MRMs per compound.
- A second method for confirmation of identity. Using the same mobile phases and column, the gradient is modified and 15 optimized MRMs are acquired per compound. This enables library searching and accurate identification on Insight Screening using MRM Spectrum Mode (library provided).
- Gentamicin (as Gentamicin C1, C1a and C2/C2a)
- Hygromycin B
- Neomycin B
- Ribostamycin (internal standard)
Complete protocol includes step-by-step instructions for sample and calibration curve preparation.
Fast Quantitation and Easy Processing
Perform high-sensitivity analysis with excellent chromatography without resorting to ion-pairing reagents that foul the mass spectrometer.
LabSolutions Insight provides a fast and intuitive environment for data processing and review. User-configurable flags alert you what values are outside of QC limits, facilitating review by exception.
Increased Confidence in Identification using MRM Spectrum Mode
MRM Spectrum Mode acquires up to 15 MRMs per analyte, and each transition is optimized to a specific collision energy. Because MS duty cycle is not wasted on meaningless portions of the spectrum, information-rich spectra can be acquired in just milliseconds. The result is an unambiguous spectrum, even for trace-level components.
1. LabSolutions LCMS Ver.5.91 or later is required.
2. LabSolutions Insight Library Screening Ver. 3.1 or later is required.
News / Events
Handbook of Analysis Procedures for EPA method 533, EPA method 537.1 are now available.
The validity of the analysis performed by each laboratory needs to be confirmed by Quality Control (QC). This article section shows the general analytical procedure for fulfilling QC requirements. Note that the procedure could be modified depending on the situation in the lab and analysts.
Shimadzu has released the CLAM-2040, Fully Automated Sample Preparation Module for LCMS
The CLAM-2040 accompanies you on most of the analytical workflow and improves your overall throughput by drastically reducing the sample preparation time. Simply place the blood tubes in position and the CLAM-2040 performs the next steps automatically, from sample extraction, up to the LCMS analysis and data processing.
Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
Per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a group of persistent and harmful chemicals that can be commonly found in the environment globally. These anthropogenic chemicals can come from various sources such as manufacturing, industrial applications, food contact materials and consumer products, and eventually end up and accumulate in the water, soil and living organisms.
Interpretation of LC Chromatograms Facilitated by Mass Detection and the Mass-it™ Function
The LCMS-2050 mass spectrometer includes Mass-it functionality that can overlay compound mass (m/z) information, obtained with the mass spectrometer, onto UV chromatograms to support supplementing qualitative analysis results obtained using a UV detector.
Technical Background for the LCMS-2050, a Compact Mass Detector for LC
The LCMS-2050 single quadrupole mass spectrometer is highly compact in size, yet provides both high-speed and high-sensitivity analysis. Shimadzu’s technology has been condensed into an instrument miniaturized to the utmost.
Shimadzu has updated LC/MS/MS Method Package for Cell Culture Profiling Ver. 3 for LabSolutions LCMS
Version 3 of this method package adds metabolites characteristic of CHO cells, which are frequently used in the manufacture of monoclonal antibodies. Together with existing analytes, this Method Package enables the analysis of 144 compounds in under 20 minutes per sample.
2 Zero hunger
6 Clean water and sanitation