LC/MS/MS Method Package for Aminoglycoside Antibiotics
For LabSolutions™ LCMS Software
- Complete method for fast quantitative screening of 13 aminoglycosides in meat, eggs and milk.
- Increase identification confidence with MRM Spectrum mode and LabSolutions Insight™ Screening.
- No ion-pairing reagent required.
- Includes single sample preparation protocol usable for meat, eggs and milk.
Complete Solution for Quantitation and Confirmation of Aminoglycosides in Meat, Eggs and Milk
Aminoglycosides are an antibiotic family widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections in cattle, sheep, pigs and poultry. Regulatory agencies have set maximum residue limits (MRL) for these compounds after veterinary use. Aminoglycosides are very polar compounds, and usually require the use of undesirable ion-pairing reagents with LC-MS/MS.
This Method Package is a complete solution for the simultaneous quantitative analysis of all regulated aminoglycosides by HILIC/MS/MS.
- A sample preparation protocol using mixed-mode weak cation exchange from Biotage. This protocol produces high recoveries and low matrix effects, and is adapted to meat, milk or egg samples.
- A primary method for fast (< 5 min) quantitative analysis by HILIC/MS/MS with two MRMs per compound.
- A second method for confirmation of identity. Using the same mobile phases and column, the gradient is modified and 15 optimized MRMs are acquired per compound. This enables library searching and accurate identification on Insight Screening using MRM Spectrum Mode (library provided).
- Gentamicin (as Gentamicin C1, C1a and C2/C2a)
- Hygromycin B
- Neomycin B
- Ribostamycin (internal standard)
Complete protocol includes step-by-step instructions for sample and calibration curve preparation.
Fast Quantitation and Easy Processing
Perform high-sensitivity analysis with excellent chromatography without resorting to ion-pairing reagents that foul the mass spectrometer.
LabSolutions Insight provides a fast and intuitive environment for data processing and review. User-configurable flags alert you what values are outside of QC limits, facilitating review by exception.
Increased Confidence in Identification using MRM Spectrum Mode
MRM Spectrum Mode acquires up to 15 MRMs per analyte, and each transition is optimized to a specific collision energy. Because MS duty cycle is not wasted on meaningless portions of the spectrum, information-rich spectra can be acquired in just milliseconds. The result is an unambiguous spectrum, even for trace-level components.
1. LabSolutions LCMS Ver.5.91 or later is required.
2. LabSolutions Insight Library Screening Ver. 3.1 or later is required.
News / Events
Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
The environment surrounding cosmetics and personal care products is changing. In addition to serving the original aesthetic purpose, cosmetics are required to be environmentally friendly and impart no adverse effects on animals.
Shimadzu has released the LC/MS/MS Method Package for Reactive Sulfur Profiling.
Sample Pretreatment Protocols and Analytical Methods for 17 Sulfur-Containing Metabolites,Including Reactive Sulfur Species
Shimadzu has released the LCMS-9050 Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer.
The LCMS-9050 is a quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometer system designed with technologies developed for Shimadzu LCMS series models and that results in among the highest mass accuracy stability levels available.
Dementia / Alzheimer‘s disease
Shimadzu is a leading driver in developing healthcare solutions with technology developments ranging from advanced imaging systems for use in medical diagnosis and treatment, engineering mass spectrometry-based solutions for exploring ways to discover disease biomarkers as well as building MS solutions for daily routine quantitation in biological fluids.
Anti-doping policies, rules and regulations are governed by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). Doping is not only harmful to athletes who take performance-boosting drugs, but also affects the integrity of a sport. Shimadzu instruments can help ensure clean sports and here are a few applications.
Shimadzu has released the LCMS-2050 High-Performance Liquid Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer.
The LCMS-2050 single quadrupole mass spectrometer combines the user-friendliness of an LC detector with the excellent performance of MS to provide a complete package of easy to use high-level performance and compactness.
2 Zero hunger
6 Clean water and sanitation