Hydraulic Flat Grips for Heavy Cloth
- Specifically for testing heavy cloth
- Characterized by a strong, symmetric clamping force
- Accommodate wide specimens up to 85 mm (3.3 in)
- Models with maximum capacity of 10 kN (2,200 lbf) and 50 kN (11,000 lbf)
- Accompanying hydraulic units available with grip face opening and closing devices
- 10 kN grips have a provisional tightening mechanism for mounting specimens temporarily to the grip
Hydraulic flat grips have wide grip faces and a strong, symmetric clamping force, making these grips ideal for tensile testing heavy cloth. Two models of hydraulic flat grips are available: 10 kN (2,200 lbf) and 50 kN (11,000 lbf) capacity models.
Grip kits include upper and lower grips, wave grip faces, a grip face opening and closing device, and a hydraulic unit. The 10 kN hydraulic flat grips have a provisional tightening mechanism for mounting specimens temporarily to the grip with small force, which helps in centering the specimen before the full gripping force is applied.
A water-cooled hydraulic unit is used for the 10 kN grips and requires a water supply of 10 L/min, has a maximum pressure of 21 MPa (214 kg/cm2, 3,046 psi), and uses an AC 3-phase 200 V, 2.5 W power source. The 50 kN grip's hydraulic unit is air cooled, provides a maximum pressure of 70 MPa (714 kg/cm2, 10,153 psi), and requires two power sources: an AC 3-phase 200 V, 750 W power source for the unit, and an AC single-phase 200 V, 35 W power source for the cooling fan.
Additional and replacement wave grip face options can be found in the document on Grip Faces for Hydraulic Flat Grips for Heavy Cloth.
Download the latest brochure.