Compliance with ISO, JIS, and ASTM Plastics Testing Standards
As the global demand for plastics increases, it is important to understand the strength properties of plastics, comply with international testing standards, and ensure data reliability. To meet these requirements, Shimadzu provides plastics test systems and accessories to comply with ISO, ASTM, and JIS plastics testing standards.
Tensile Strength Testing of Plastics
|・ISO 527 and JIS K 7161||Plastics - Determination of Tensile Properties|
|・ASTM D638||Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics|
>Test systems compliant with ISO 527 and JIS K 7161
>Test systems compliant with ASTM D638
Flexural Strength Testing of Plastics
|・ISO 178 and JIS K 7171||Plastics - Determination of Flexural Properties|
|・ASTM D790||Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials|
>Test systems compliant with ISO 178 and JIS K 7171
>Test systems compliant with ASTM D790
Shimadzu’s Plastics Testing Solutions
1. Test systems and accessories compliant with testing standards.
- Extensometers compliant with ISO 527, JIS K 7161, and ASTM D638: absolute accuracy within 1 m (for a 50 mm gauge length)
- Bending deflectometers compliant with ISO 178, JIS K 7171, and ASTM D790: ISO 9513 Class 1 with accuracy within 1% of deflection
- Intuitive software for ISO 527, ISO 178, JIS K 7161, JIS K 7171, ASTM D638, and ASTM D790 methods: quick determination of important parameters such as elastic modulus and strain after yield
2. Traceability of test systems.
- Test force calibrations compliant with JCSS ( JIS B7721, ISO 7500-1 ) and ASNITE (ASTM E4).
- Certificates include JCSS or ASNITE logo