Nexera UC - Features
Supercritical Fluid Extraction / Supercritical Fluid Chromatograph
- Case Studies
Unified speed of analysis, sensitivity, and resolution
Solutions provided by Nexera UC
- Very fast separation speed due to the relatively low viscosity of supercritical fluid
- Improved peak capacity and chromatographic resolution
- Efficient separation of analogues and/or chiral compounds by high penetration mobile phase
- Different separation mode leads to high sensitivity
- Improved sensitivity resulting from split-less introduction into detector
- Reduction of environmental impacts and costs by reducing amount of organic solvents needed
Improved separation and detection capabilities result from the low viscosity and high diffusion coefficient of supercritical fluid. As shown below, Nexera UC demonstrates high-separation selectivity for isomeric compounds that are difficult to separate by conventional LC.
Sensitivity results from different separation modes in HPLC vs SFC
Supercritical fluid has unique properties different from liquid.
Using SFC in front of a mass spectrometer offers greater sensitivity than achieved with LC/MS/MS.
Enhanced sensitivity using splitless transfer to MS
Low dead volume back pressure regulator suppresses diffusion of peaks and can transfer the total eluate directly to an mass spectrometer to achieve higher sensitivity.
Download the latest brochure.
Metabolomics Product Portfolio - Selection Guide Metabolite Analysis [ PDF / 3.00MB ]