Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
Taking MALDI-TOF MS Beyond the Standard
- Powerful MALDI-TOF performance for reliable mass information and MS/MS derived structural detail.
- Linear mode allows the interrogation of high molecular weight samples, whilst reflectron mode, incorporating the patented curved-field reflectron (CFR), provides the high resolution and mass accuracy necessary for successful proteomics and life science experiments.
- High sensitivity system using a variable repetition rate 50 Hz N2 laser and a variety of target formats to meet all sample throughput requirements.
- An affordable robust option for all laboratories requiring routine manual or automated analysis of a wide variety of sample classes.
- Excellent sensitivity is achieved using near-axis laser irradiation and advanced ion optics for enhanced ion transmission.
- MS/MS may be easily performed using a seamless approach – ions of interest can be isolated using a precursor ion selection device, incorporated as standard, and data-rich fragment ion spectra quickly and simply acquired.The newly improved curved field reflectron design augments the low mass fragment region providing useful additional information.
News / Events
Dementia / Alzheimer‘s disease
Shimadzu is a leading driver in developing healthcare solutions with technology developments ranging from advanced imaging systems for use in medical diagnosis and treatment, engineering mass spectrometry-based solutions for exploring ways to discover disease biomarkers as well as building MS solutions for daily routine quantitation in biological fluids.
MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer Comparison
This page provides a quick overview of 7 models of MALDI/MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers. Choose the model that best suits your analysis needs from the compact digital ion trap MS for on-the-spot analysis, the benchtop MALDI-TOF MS for routine analysis to the research grade MALDI TOF/TOF MS for a diverse range of applications.
Shimadzu has released the MALDI-8030
The MALDI-8030 is the latest in a long line of MALDI-TOF products from Shimadzu. Instrument performance specifications is extended from those of the MALDI-8020 to cater for compounds best suited to analysis in negative ion mode. This dual-polarity, benchtop linear MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer delivers outstanding performance in a compact footprint, making it an ideal choice for today’s increasingly demanding laboratories.
Shimadzu has released the SialoCapper-ID Kit