Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer
Taking MALDI-TOF MS Beyond the Standard
- Powerful MALDI-TOF performance for reliable mass information and MS/MS derived structural detail.
- Linear mode allows the interrogation of high molecular weight samples, whilst reflectron mode, incorporating the patented curved-field reflectron (CFR), provides the high resolution and mass accuracy necessary for successful proteomics and life science experiments.
- High sensitivity system using a variable repetition rate 50 Hz N2 laser and a variety of target formats to meet all sample throughput requirements.
- An affordable robust option for all laboratories requiring routine manual or automated analysis of a wide variety of sample classes.
- Excellent sensitivity is achieved using near-axis laser irradiation and advanced ion optics for enhanced ion transmission.
- MS/MS may be easily performed using a seamless approach – ions of interest can be isolated using a precursor ion selection device, incorporated as standard, and data-rich fragment ion spectra quickly and simply acquired.The newly improved curved field reflectron design augments the low mass fragment region providing useful additional information.
News / Events
Shimadzu has released the FlexiFocus™
The FlexiFocus adaptor has been specifically designed to hold a FlexiFocus insert and position it optimally for analysis in the Shimadzu MALDI-8020 and MALDI-8030 benchtop MALDI-TOF instruments.
Latest issue of Shimadzu Journal, featuring Forensics / Toxicology, has come out.
This issue focuses on "Forensics / Toxicology", an area where science and technology are particularly important and needed. It starts with two customer interviews.
Life Science Biomarker Industry Page has been updated
Biomarkers are derived from living organisms and found in tissues, blood, and other bodily fluids. Biomarkers are indicators of biological changes in an organism and are used to diagnose disease, in prognosis, and to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pharmaceuticals. Biomarkers can be nucleic acids, proteins, peptides, lipids, and sugars, and are identified using various “omics” techniques.
Shimadzu has released the Benchtop MALDI-TOF Imaging Starter Kit
The Shimadzu imaging benchtop MALDI-TOF solution provides access for all to molecular imaging, through the introduction of a full imaging solution...
Dementia / Alzheimer‘s disease
Shimadzu is a leading driver in developing healthcare solutions with technology developments ranging from advanced imaging systems for use in medical diagnosis and treatment, engineering mass spectrometry-based solutions for exploring ways to discover disease biomarkers as well as building MS solutions for daily routine quantitation in biological fluids.
MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer Comparison
This page provides a quick overview of 7 models of MALDI/MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers. Choose the model that best suits your analysis needs from the compact digital ion trap MS for on-the-spot analysis, the benchtop MALDI-TOF MS for routine analysis to the research grade MALDI TOF/TOF MS for a diverse range of applications.