Nano Spotter for MALDI-TOF MS
Bringing LC to MALDI Technology LC/MS/MS is often regarded as the technique of choice in identifying components from complex mixtures; however, it is not without its limitations. An alternative approach is to consider LC/MALDI.
LC/MALDI has a number of advantages in that the LC is decoupled from the MALDI mass spectrometer.
MALDI can support:
- A higher data acquisition at the top of the eluting peak (owing to the fact that the peak can be spread over several spots) allows a precise selection of precursor ions for MS/MS analysis.
- Sample archiving (the MALDI plate can be stored and used to further validate protein identification if required)
- Uncompromised sensitivity (LC/MALDI analysis can focus solely on the peak apex) Increased depth of coverage of the sample and enhanced sequence coverage for the detected proteins.
The AccuSpot was designed for online collection of fractions eluting from Capillary/Nano LC.
- Supports micro-fractionation on Shimadzu MALDI-TOF/MS targets, for 96 or 384 well, and ABI format MALDI plates.
- Multiple plates can be spotted continuously. The plate changer allows a maximum of 9 Shimadzu (MTP format) or 18 ABI plates to be spotted without stopping.
- Matrix solution is added automatically. Depending on the application, matrix solution can be mixed with the column eluent via a "T" prior to the probe or at the probe tip through a 3 duct system. The third duct is used for rinsing the probe tip.
- Easy to use software gives the user total control over the spotting operation from setting matrix flow rate to spotting pattern to report generation.
- The system includes a CCD camera as a standard accessory, so the actual spotting activity and status can be confirmed on the PC screen.
- An optional barcode reader is available for sample tracking.
- Compatible with any HPLC system capable of delivering micro/capillary/nanoflow.
The AccuSpot automates LC micro-fractionation, spotting and preparation for MS analysis. With the AccuSpot system, LC eluent can be accurately and continuously spotted onto target plates, in trace amounts (eg.50nL). This allows for automatic preparation of target plates for MALDI-TOF-MS measurements. When used in conjunction with Shimadzu's Two-Dimensional Micro LC System and Shimadzu Biotech's AXIMA MALDI-TOF instruments, proteome analysis can be performed with a higher degree of precision and with greater sequence coverage.
News / Events
Shimadzu has released the Benchtop MALDI-TOF Imaging Starter Kit
The Shimadzu imaging benchtop MALDI-TOF solution provides access for all to molecular imaging, through the introduction of a full imaging solution...
Dementia / Alzheimer‘s disease
Shimadzu is a leading driver in developing healthcare solutions with technology developments ranging from advanced imaging systems for use in medical diagnosis and treatment, engineering mass spectrometry-based solutions for exploring ways to discover disease biomarkers as well as building MS solutions for daily routine quantitation in biological fluids.
MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer Comparison
This page provides a quick overview of 7 models of MALDI/MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers. Choose the model that best suits your analysis needs from the compact digital ion trap MS for on-the-spot analysis, the benchtop MALDI-TOF MS for routine analysis to the research grade MALDI TOF/TOF MS for a diverse range of applications.
Shimadzu has released the MALDI-8030
The MALDI-8030 is the latest in a long line of MALDI-TOF products from Shimadzu. Instrument performance specifications is extended from those of the MALDI-8020 to cater for compounds best suited to analysis in negative ion mode. This dual-polarity, benchtop linear MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer delivers outstanding performance in a compact footprint, making it an ideal choice for today’s increasingly demanding laboratories.
Shimadzu has released the SialoCapper-ID Kit