SampleStation and AuraSolution
SampleStation and AuraSolution: Automated Analysis Software for MALDI-8020
The SampleStation and AuraSolution software link to the MALDI Solutions MALDI-8020 control and analysis software to analyze samples automatically based on a worklist.
The simple workflow and visible worklist provide a user interface that helps prevent errors.
The SampleStation software has been designed to facilitate automated analysis on the latest Shimadzu MALDI-TOF MS instruments. Part of the MALDI Solutions™ suite of software, SampleStation allows users to create and manage sample worklists. These are saved in a centralized database which is accessible to multiple users of the system. The simple workflow and data security features make it an ideal solution for both regulated and non-regulated laboratory environments.
- Security via individual user login and administrator control
- Flexibility: customizable worklist features to suit different applications
- Simple workflow and intuitive user interface
- Compatible with handheld barcode readers for scanning sample slides and sample vials
- Records chain of data responsibility
- Amenable to regulatory compliance
- Automatically updates worklists following sample analysis
- Can be used with both disposable and reusable FlexiMass™ slides
- Seamless integration with AuraSolution automated acquisition software via the MALDI Solutions database
SampleStation: process simplification, intuitive and secure
AuraSolution is the second component in the automated MALDI-MS analysis solution provided by Shimadzu. Using sample worklists previously created with SampleStation, the AuraSolution software is used to automate data acquisition and to subsequently review results. The simple ‘scan, load and run’ workflow and data security features make it an ideal solution for both regulated environments and research laboratories.
- Simple workflow – scan slide, load acquisition parameters and start run
- Utilizes the integrated instrument barcode reader (MALDI-8020) as the slides are loaded into the instrument
- Facilitates regulatory compliance through enhanced data security features
- Option of using both disposable and reusable FlexiMass slides
- Fully compatible with the MALDI-8020 mass spectrometer
- Seamless relationship with SampleStation software via the MALDI Solutions database
- Automatically export data as ASCII / mzML formats
AuraSolution: confidence during analysis
Data analysis and review
SampleStation is compatible with the FlexiMass series of microscope slide-format sample targets, providing users with a choice when it comes to sample preparation. The individually barcoded, single-use polymeric FlexiMass-DS slides provide a convenient solution for controlled workflows in regulated laboratories. Alternatively, for users looking for a longer-term,...
Central to each sample worklist is the unique sample slide identifier of the FlexiMass slide used to prepare the samples. The slide identifier (e.g. the FlexiMass-DS slide barcode) provides a link to the sample worklist associated with a given slide, ensuring traceability between sample and result throughout the workflow...
Data security in regulated environments is paramount. Access to SampleStation is controlled by password-protected user accounts, ensuring that only permitted users can access the software. The customizable user roles provide the system administrator with an additional means of access control within the software...
Creation of a worklist involves 3 simple steps: scan a slide barcode; select sample positions within the graphic and then save. The visual and tabulated worklist provides a simple user interface which helps to reduce the risk of workflow errors.
Analysis Software for MALDI-8020 AuraSolution™
News / Events
Dementia / Alzheimer‘s disease
Shimadzu is a leading driver in developing healthcare solutions with technology developments ranging from advanced imaging systems for use in medical diagnosis and treatment, engineering mass spectrometry-based solutions for exploring ways to discover disease biomarkers as well as building MS solutions for daily routine quantitation in biological fluids.
MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer Comparison
This page provides a quick overview of 7 models of MALDI/MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers. Choose the model that best suits your analysis needs from the compact digital ion trap MS for on-the-spot analysis, the benchtop MALDI-TOF MS for routine analysis to the research grade MALDI TOF/TOF MS for a diverse range of applications.
Shimadzu has released the MALDI-8030
The MALDI-8030 is the latest in a long line of MALDI-TOF products from Shimadzu. Instrument performance specifications is extended from those of the MALDI-8020 to cater for compounds best suited to analysis in negative ion mode. This dual-polarity, benchtop linear MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer delivers outstanding performance in a compact footprint, making it an ideal choice for today’s increasingly demanding laboratories.
Shimadzu has released the SialoCapper-ID Kit