FTIR Spectrometers Comparison
FTIR Spectrometers Comparison
This page provides a quick overview of 4 models of FTIR spectrometers. Choose the model that best suits your analysis needs from our compact FTIR for routine analysis to the high-end FTIR with excellent sensitivity and high expandability.
1. Summary of Product Features
Excellent sensitivity and reliability
• Achieves high sensitivity, high resolution, and high speed
• Interferometer optimization/stabilization technology supports high sensitivity
New generation of workstation
• LabSolutions IR is network compatible, equipped with abundant libraries and advanced search functions as standard, and realizes automation and labor saving with macro functions.
Applications that play an active role in various scenes
• Supports contaminant analysis and identification tests
• Various accessories and high expandability
High-end sensitivity for countless applications
• Astoundingly low noise and 55,000:1 S/N ratio enable ultra-high-sensitivity measurements
Built-in Analytical Intelligence
• Easy navigation with IR Pilot ensures anyone can get started easily
Complies fully with regulations
• Humidity-resistant window material compatible with the wavenumber measurement range specified in Pharmacopoeia
Space-efficient with high expandability
• Compact FTIR that travels where it's needed.
• Samples can be measured with the unit positioned horizontally or vertically.
• Widest sample compartment in its class
Dedicated IR Pilot program ensures immediate and easy system operation
• Includes 23 application programs as standard.
• Includes an identification test program and a pass/fail judgment program as standard.
High reliability ensures the system can be introduced with confidence
• Stable interferometer performance based on technology inherited from high-end models.
• Designed to endure even high-humidity environments (selectable KRS-5 window).
2. Comparison Table
|Dehumidifier||Optional MCT Detector||Connection with Infrared Microscope||Dimensions (mm)|
|60,000 : 1||7,800 - 350 cm-1
12,500 - 3,800 cm-1 with NIR kit
5,000 - 240 cm-1 with FIR kit
|・55,000 : 1 (KBr window)
・42,000 : 1 (KRS-5 window)
|7,800 - 350 cm-1||
|・30,000 : 1
(T model/KBr window)
・23,000 : 1
(T model/KRS-5 window)
・13,000 : 1
(L model/KBr window)
・10,000 : 1
(L model/KRS-5 window)
3. Plastic Analyzer
The Plastic Analyzer method package includes an FTIR spectral library for plastics degraded by UV rays and heat. Utilizing searches of this library demonstrates its effectiveness in the analysis of unknown samples that are difficult to identify with standard libraries. Examples include plastics degraded by exposure to UV rays as well as contaminants and defective items altered by heating.
News / Events
Shimadzu has released the MAP-100
The MAP-100 automates the typical steps needed to isolate microplastics. This improves the reproducibility of the analytical workflow, enables lab technicians to focus on other tasks, and makes handling of reagents safer.
Latest issue of Shimadzu Journal, featuring Forensics / Toxicology, has come out.
This issue focuses on "Forensics / Toxicology", an area where science and technology are particularly important and needed. It starts with two customer interviews.
Given that cellulose nanofibers（CNFs）offer attractive physical characteristics, such as light weight, strength, and hardness, they not only enable materials with advanced functionality, but are expected to be used as a reinforcing material that can reduce the weight of composite materials.
Shimadzu has released Infrared Microscope AIMsight
Shimadzu has released Infrared Microscope AIMsight an automatic analysis system that can be used with confidence from your first analysis, equipped as standard with enhanced functionality to support analyses.
Shimadzu has released the AIRsight, Infrared/Raman Microscope
Raman and FTIR microscopy in perfect harmony. Infrared and Raman Microscope based on a combination of two analytical techniques to provide complementary molecular information. The AIRsight system improves the efﬁciency of analytical operations by making it easy to perform all process steps from sample observation to data analysis.
In order to reduce plastic waste, the development of eco-friendly alternative materials is being promoted. As an alternative, biomass plastics and biodegradable plastics are becoming more widely available. Biodegradable Plastics are plastics that are decomposed into low-molecular compounds by microorganisms in the environment. So they break down easily in nature, which is an opposite characteristic of petroleum-based plastics.