The technologies used in automobiles are being refined and innovated on an ongoing basis to improve safety, comfort, and to reduce the impact on the environment. Automobile production sites have always competed to build reliable automobile parts quickly and cheaply, but recently there has been a greater emphasis on evaluating the performance of not only individual parts, but also entire modules, which has necessitated more advanced automotive analysis, inspection, and testing. In addition to this, further analysis and evaluation is required for vehicle electrification, battery development and implementation, weight reduction, model-based development, and other strategies to help achieve carbon-neutrality.
Shimadzu supports major automobile OEMs and their global supply chain partners with state-of-the-art instrumentation. We provide various solutions including automotive parts and material evaluation, improvement of LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) and reducing environmental burdens, and integrated analysis to prevent product defects. Our analytical instruments, inspection systems, and testing machines are the perfect fit for extensive evaluation requirements found in automotive development, quality control, and environmental compliance. Learn more about our solutions below.
Improvement of LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) and reduction of environmental burden solutions for technical issues
- Lubricating Oil
- LiB (Lithium-Ion Batteries)
- FC (Fuel Cells)
- Smells within Vehicles
- Quantitation of Feeling Tests
- Evaluating Durability of Steering Mechanisms for Automobiles in Three Axes
- Judgment of Acceptance of Light Shielding Films for Automobiles
- V&V of CFRP Tensile Testing Results
- Determining the Failure Mechanisms of Composite Materials—Observation of the Failure Process in CFRTP—
- Improving CAE Reliability for Composite Materials—Three-Point Bending Impact and High-Speed Compression Testing of Composite Materials—
- Analysis of the Failure Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Plastics in High-Speed Compression Testing
- Dynamic Tensile Testing Using a Three-Dimensional DIC Analysis System —Observation of Strain Distribution and Measurement of Strain in Polypropylene Just before Fatigue Failure—
- Reduction in the Number of Operations for Dimensional Measurement of Complex Molded Products
- Improvement of the Accuracy of CAE Analysis of Press Processing of High Tensile Strength Steel Material
Multilateral evaluation is effective for correctly evaluating materials that are used for automotive parts. Shimadzu will assist you with material evaluation with a wide range of analysis and test instruments lineup.
Contaminations mixed in and adhering during production and working processes and silent changes in the materials used in products can cause product defects.
Integrated analysis using various analysis methods is effective for trouble analysis.