This page has information intended for users in the US and Canada.
Some of the lamps, detectors and parts used in Shimadzu products contain a small amount of mercury. Mercury and mercury compounds are toxic substances. However, a small amount of mercury must be used in some lamps, detectors and parts in order for the item to work (lamps & detectors) or to improve product performance.
Products containing mercury will have, for example, this type of label affixed to them.
Disposal or recycling of used or defective products must be in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Consult your local Government Agencies for a proper disposal method.
Safe handling procedures for Shimadzu products containing mercury, as well as the steps that should be taken in the case of accidental breakage, are described below.